Tuesday, 20 October 2020 »  Login
in

Do you want a separate Telangana state?

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Nikhil » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Hey all,

Just wanted to know what you guys felt about the recent unrest in the state over the splitting up of AP into a separate state for Telangana. Do you feel the demands are genuine?
Nikhil
Registered User
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:13 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by rusmart » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 am

Why dont we seperate India in more and more states. What a stupidity. Seperate states for what. Why dont we have a united India for once. Was this the reason of getting independece from the British? These politicians only want to ruin India.
rusmart
Registered User
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:16 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by _ Chennai(aka _ Cheyne) USA » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 am

Ok, if I have a separate Telangana State, they say the "settlers" will be kicked out of HYD and other places in Telangana. Similarly, the Telangana guys living in Andhra and Rayalaseema regions will be kicked out too. It will be a chain reaction and mini partition. Is this democracy? Bal Thackray wants Bombay for only Mahrashtrians and will kick all the others out of Bombay. If any one agrees with this kind of logic, well you can support small states.
_ Chennai(aka _ Cheyne) USA
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:12 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Neelima » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:32 pm

NOOO....definitely not.
Neelima
Registered User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:42 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Raj » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 pm

I dont think its worth having a separate state unless someone can really make people understand the logic behind the same and also the benefits if any...
And coming to all the property loss that is happening due to this agitation....who is responsible for this ? and how will we recover all that money?
Raj
Registered User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by rusmart » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:24 am

Now that the hunger strike is over.............who will pay for all the damage done? The MP's and MLA's of India just don't want peace in our country. Who know what amount of compensation this man has been offered. And if the govt. succumbs to the demand of Telangana State, who knows how many more states will be coming as a result of this. Instead of being proud of a big telugu speaking state now it may turn out to be some state like manipur or such sort. :mrgreen:
rusmart
Registered User
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:16 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by nimit » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:11 pm

the states got divided just to control the violence in the city... if this is how the states are being divided, based on violence, then its just the beginning of division of our country.
nimit
Registered User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:21 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by HH » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:04 am

For Change of Government(s) Or Split(s) of State(s), Promote Violence! :shock:
User avatar
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity
 
Posts: 6245
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:40 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by nb24 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:43 pm

This is a clear example of how a person can go on fast and get his demands met. Absolutely nonsense!! No government should give in to such stupid demands..It just shows the levels of immaturity our people have reached to attain a goal. The government needs to stand strongly against this as this would evoke similar response from other states as well..
nb24
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Pucca_Hyderabadi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 am

Not really, but I would like a separate Malkajgiri State.
Pucca_Hyderabadi
Registered User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:31 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Sameer Siddiqi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Definetly not, this is not the solution of the problem.

i live in hyderabad, if one say comparetively Andhra is more dominant in terms of Education, Agriculture, industrial development, no doubt they are getting more jobs in Govt. as well as private sectors. So..

Seperation is not the problem for this. iam totally against it. sorry.
Sameer Siddiqi
Registered User
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 am

nb24 wrote:This is a clear example of how a person can go on fast and get his demands met. Absolutely nonsense!! No government should give in to such stupid demands..It just shows the levels of immaturity our people have reached to attain a goal. The government needs to stand strongly against this as this would evoke similar response from other states as well..


Well - it all started with dude called Potti Sriramulu who did it for Andhra state. Then he continued to get Madras - violence followed ended with Andhra state with Kurnool capital.

True 60 years and still immature. I guess we will get there in 100 years.

Lets all put all lives on line for Greater Hyderabad - who cares about non-greater Hyderabad?
Whatcha' gonna do when IT follows the sad story of Nizam's Hyderabad textile mills or industries of yore?
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:09 am

rusmart wrote:Why dont we seperate India in more and more states. What a stupidity. Seperate states for what. Why dont we have a united India for once. Was this the reason of getting independece from the British? These politicians only want to ruin India.


Did you know Haryana and Himachal were carved from Punjab?
Or Maharashtra and Gujarat from Bombay State?
Or more recently Chattisgarh, Jharkhand and Uttaranchal....
Everyone appears to be doing just fine...

hmm... let's see our struggle for freedom was to be master's of our destiny and the idea that we will be better advocates for our people...

Does that ring a bell?
Last edited by OsmaniaBiskit on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 am

Oh how the Andhra/Seema's love thee Telanganites...
They are burning, killing themselves to stay united. I am choking!

Such high ideals!
Looking at 53 years of neglect and total apathy - I would never have guessed.
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Not Just Telengana, I want atleaste a do » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:58 am

Hi All,
Why not have a dozen states out of AP, starting with North Telengana, West Telengana, South Telengana and East Telengana apart from separate state for Hyderabad. Again, We can also make one state for Rayalaseema South Costal Andhra, Krishna,Guntur,West as one state and the remaining as another state. This way we can have atleast 9 CMs and 9 Dy CMs 9 Speaker posts,
9 Dy Speaker posts, Apart from n number of cabinet ministers. We can have so many number of Capital Cities each one with a mini state within.. Who says government is not acting on creating more jobs, see all of the above are open for grab..
Anyway we can not get any cabinet rank ministers in Center and this way we can get 9 cabinet rank ministers as well going by the rule at least one cabinet minister for state. With each assembly smaller than current assembly and could be about 30 to 50 members for each state, at any point of time, we will be having political instability at one or other of these smaller states, and there will be elections going on..
This way people will get note for vote, or alcohol for votes, atleast for those days when elections are on, there will be free power or good amount of number of hours of powers for Ryots. There are many benefits this way.., for those who indulge in anti social activities, they can also benefit as they can do the wrong things in one state and go and live undercover in another state.
Ofcourse, there can be more Vasist Vahan car projects per each state, and each state capital can become a Hitec City by itself.

A new phenomenon can be seen, ex, if you have to go to the New Hyderabad State, we may have to cross 3 or 4 states and have to pay octroi and other taxes at each point of entry. and the generally high prices will see new hights.
However an efficient administration will be available as they will now have to work only for small area and can now maintain 5day work peacefully. There are many other benefits as well. Consider this proposal please.
Not Just Telengana, I want atleaste a do
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:42 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by HH » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:26 pm

People are Going to Dogs
Dogs proclaim themselves Gods;
Gods have turned into Idols
Idols keep looking to People!
-----
:shock:
User avatar
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity
 
Posts: 6245
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:40 am

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:47 am

People are sheep
Sheep are slaughtered
Slaughtered don't feel the pain
Pain goes to the kin
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:50 am

Not Just Telengana, I want atleaste a do wrote:Hi All,
Why not have a dozen states out of AP, starting with North Telengana, West Telengana, South Telengana and East Telengana apart from separate state for Hyderabad. Again, We can also make one state for Rayalaseema South Costal Andhra, Krishna,Guntur,West as one state and the remaining as another state. This way we can have atleast 9 CMs and 9 Dy CMs 9 Speaker posts,
9 Dy Speaker posts, Apart from n number of cabinet ministers. We can have so many number of Capital Cities each one with a mini state within.. Who says government is not acting on creating more jobs, see all of the above are open for grab..
Anyway we can not get any cabinet rank ministers in Center and this way we can get 9 cabinet rank ministers as well going by the rule at least one cabinet minister for state. With each assembly smaller than current assembly and could be about 30 to 50 members for each state, at any point of time, we will be having political instability at one or other of these smaller states, and there will be elections going on..
This way people will get note for vote, or alcohol for votes, atleast for those days when elections are on, there will be free power or good amount of number of hours of powers for Ryots. There are many benefits this way.., for those who indulge in anti social activities, they can also benefit as they can do the wrong things in one state and go and live undercover in another state.
Ofcourse, there can be more Vasist Vahan car projects per each state, and each state capital can become a Hitec City by itself.

A new phenomenon can be seen, ex, if you have to go to the New Hyderabad State, we may have to cross 3 or 4 states and have to pay octroi and other taxes at each point of entry. and the generally high prices will see new hights.
However an efficient administration will be available as they will now have to work only for small area and can now maintain 5day work peacefully. There are many other benefits as well. Consider this proposal please.


If platitudes are sign of intellect - you are the king of intelligence.
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:43 am

Is it me or does anyone agree that FullHyderabad news and content (e.g., polls) have a certain bias?
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Portuguese Man-Of-War » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:49 am

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:
Not Just Telengana, I want atleaste a do wrote:Hi All,
Why not have a dozen states out of AP, starting with North Telengana, West Telengana, South Telengana and East Telengana apart from separate state for Hyderabad. Again, We can also make one state for Rayalaseema South Costal Andhra, Krishna,Guntur,West as one state and the remaining as another state. This way we can have atleast 9 CMs and 9 Dy CMs 9 Speaker posts,
9 Dy Speaker posts, Apart from n number of cabinet ministers. We can have so many number of Capital Cities each one with a mini state within.. Who says government is not acting on creating more jobs, see all of the above are open for grab..
Anyway we can not get any cabinet rank ministers in Center and this way we can get 9 cabinet rank ministers as well going by the rule at least one cabinet minister for state. With each assembly smaller than current assembly and could be about 30 to 50 members for each state, at any point of time, we will be having political instability at one or other of these smaller states, and there will be elections going on..
This way people will get note for vote, or alcohol for votes, atleast for those days when elections are on, there will be free power or good amount of number of hours of powers for Ryots. There are many benefits this way.., for those who indulge in anti social activities, they can also benefit as they can do the wrong things in one state and go and live undercover in another state.
Ofcourse, there can be more Vasist Vahan car projects per each state, and each state capital can become a Hitec City by itself.

A new phenomenon can be seen, ex, if you have to go to the New Hyderabad State, we may have to cross 3 or 4 states and have to pay octroi and other taxes at each point of entry. and the generally high prices will see new hights.
However an efficient administration will be available as they will now have to work only for small area and can now maintain 5day work peacefully. There are many other benefits as well. Consider this proposal please.


If platitudes are sign of intellect - you are the king of intelligence.

I think he (the original guy who made the long post) has a point. And those are not "platitudes" as I understand the word - that is just a cynical post.

I've been reading your other posts - there are valid points and there are inaccuracies.

There's data you need to quote before you make several points you did. A line like "Telangana is backward" is inadequate. Data (quoted by Telangana agitators themselves, and on the front page of the ToI about a week back) is that Telangana generates about 45% of the revenue of AP, about the same as its population - that's not backwardness. Sure, you'll say Hyderabad is a bulk of that. Why that is so, will lead to a different debate altogether.

Like I mentioned earlier on this site, Telangana has had 119 MLAs and 20 MPs representing it for about 50 years now, all people of that region, and elected by people of that region. Are you saying 119 MLAs and 20 MPs aren't enough numbers, and cannot develop an area for 50 years? If each of the 119 MLAs and 20 MPs had been a Mahatma Gandhi, do you think Telangana would be today where it is?

If the people of Telangana elected crooks who did nothing for them for half a century, then that is the issue they have to rectify. Separate statehood will not solve the problem, since they will elect the same leaders all over again. Separate statehood helps only the leaders who are striving for it, like the guy you derided above pointed out.

Bitching about Jagan and Lagadapati doesn't make KCR a good guy - it's a subterfuge to hide the fact that you cannot defend KCR (nobody has so far gone public saying KCR is a great human being, and he won 10 of the 119 Telangana seats in the last Assembly polls and 2 of the 20 Lok Sabha seats). That's the oldest form of argument, and one that only gets dignified by responses. In any case, neither Jagan nor Lagadapati nor Naidu nor Chiranjeevi is the leader of the United Andhra movement.
User avatar
Portuguese Man-Of-War
Registered User
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: Hyderabad

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by 2power10 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:50 am

OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Is it me or does anyone agree that FullHyderabad news and content (e.g., polls) have a certain bias?


i don't think so. watch any news channel and it becomes clear what the whole state is thinking. the united andhra arguments sound logical and intelligent while telangana supporters just seem like they're whining for attention. listen to how people like eetela and kcr speak vs how others do and u'll understand.
2power10
Registered User
 

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by andhrabaditudu » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:15 pm

ofcourse s, telangana is not a part of andhrapradesh..it was forcefully dissolved in andhra in certain conditions, andhra pradesh is for andhra people..potti sriramulu does hunger strike for andhra people not for telangana people, and hyderabad is a part of telangana..go to wikipedia site and u know everything about telangana and history...no point of discussing anymore..telangana already declared by govt of india..bye bye andhra people take care of your own places...for your kind info can someone tell me why andhra people are involving in strike for samykyandhra..can anybody tell one reason..what is the use for andhra people for samykyandhra...its all rubbish..
andhrabaditudu
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Portuguese Man-Of-War wrote:
OsmaniaBiskit wrote:
Not Just Telengana, I want atleaste a do wrote:Hi All,
Why not have a dozen states out of AP, starting with North Telengana, West Telengana, South Telengana and East Telengana apart from separate state for Hyderabad. Again, We can also make one state for Rayalaseema South Costal Andhra, Krishna,Guntur,West as one state and the remaining as another state. This way we can have atleast 9 CMs and 9 Dy CMs 9 Speaker posts,
9 Dy Speaker posts, Apart from n number of cabinet ministers. We can have so many number of Capital Cities each one with a mini state within.. Who says government is not acting on creating more jobs, see all of the above are open for grab..
Anyway we can not get any cabinet rank ministers in Center and this way we can get 9 cabinet rank ministers as well going by the rule at least one cabinet minister for state. With each assembly smaller than current assembly and could be about 30 to 50 members for each state, at any point of time, we will be having political instability at one or other of these smaller states, and there will be elections going on..
This way people will get note for vote, or alcohol for votes, atleast for those days when elections are on, there will be free power or good amount of number of hours of powers for Ryots. There are many benefits this way.., for those who indulge in anti social activities, they can also benefit as they can do the wrong things in one state and go and live undercover in another state.
Ofcourse, there can be more Vasist Vahan car projects per each state, and each state capital can become a Hitec City by itself.

A new phenomenon can be seen, ex, if you have to go to the New Hyderabad State, we may have to cross 3 or 4 states and have to pay octroi and other taxes at each point of entry. and the generally high prices will see new hights.
However an efficient administration will be available as they will now have to work only for small area and can now maintain 5day work peacefully. There are many other benefits as well. Consider this proposal please.


If platitudes are sign of intellect - you are the king of intelligence.

I think he (the original guy who made the long post) has a point. And those are not "platitudes" as I understand the word - that is just a cynical post.

I've been reading your other posts - there are valid points and there are inaccuracies.

There's data you need to quote before you make several points you did. A line like "Telangana is backward" is inadequate. Data (quoted by Telangana agitators themselves, and on the front page of the ToI about a week back) is that Telangana generates about 45% of the revenue of AP, about the same as its population - that's not backwardness. Sure, you'll say Hyderabad is a bulk of that. Why that is so, will lead to a different debate altogether.

Like I mentioned earlier on this site, Telangana has had 119 MLAs and 20 MPs representing it for about 50 years now, all people of that region, and elected by people of that region. Are you saying 119 MLAs and 20 MPs aren't enough numbers, and cannot develop an area for 50 years? If each of the 119 MLAs and 20 MPs had been a Mahatma Gandhi, do you think Telangana would be today where it is?

If the people of Telangana elected crooks who did nothing for them for half a century, then that is the issue they have to rectify. Separate statehood will not solve the problem, since they will elect the same leaders all over again. Separate statehood helps only the leaders who are striving for it, like the guy you derided above pointed out.

Bitching about Jagan and Lagadapati doesn't make KCR a good guy - it's a subterfuge to hide the fact that you cannot defend KCR (nobody has so far gone public saying KCR is a great human being, and he won 10 of the 119 Telangana seats in the last Assembly polls and 2 of the 20 Lok Sabha seats). That's the oldest form of argument, and one that only gets dignified by responses. In any case, neither Jagan nor Lagadapati nor Naidu nor Chiranjeevi is the leader of the United Andhra movement.


You nailed it - the lopsided political numbers are 1 reason. When a majority works in self-serving ways, nothing much a minority can do - except make some noise while in opposition. The second would be a powerful lobbies (money bags) that control who gets where. Even a casual observer can see the contol mining and contracting lobbies have over entire state (Karnataka and AP recent examples).
Even Hyderabadi's do not elect their own decision maker with executive power - the only position with executive power is appointed by Government. Anyway I digress.
Is any region/state in India immune from crooked politicians? Why is that even valid point in any Telangana specific discussion. My consistent point has been strong leaders come from empowered populace and Hyderabadi's/Telanganites have never been empowered. I don't think Sabitha Reddy would've been Home minister in a Telangana state - she is too weak for that position - however powers that be appear to elevate the weak and meek for their own interests.
It is more like lamenting and wailing - Everybody hates KCR, why? AFAIK, he is not involved in systemic plundring of public wealth, never participated in bomb politics, has been a career politician for more than 2 decades. He articulates his stand well. Understand Hyderabadi ethos - looking forward to seeing Urdu and Daccani given some importance in Telanagana state. He his main points are blatant disregard for GOs and allocation of resources (valid point IMO). Why not hate the guys who actually prospered plundering the state. Rs.75000 crores in debt - shining example of development. Andhra movement is the right of Andhra/Seema people. Oh... Rayalseema doesn't want to be under Andhra as TG Venkatest put it - we want separate state rather than "drink water from Andhra elbows'. Are Hyderabadi's just plain idiot's to not see this?
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by OsmaniaBiskit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 pm

2power10 wrote:
OsmaniaBiskit wrote:Is it me or does anyone agree that FullHyderabad news and content (e.g., polls) have a certain bias?


i don't think so. watch any news channel and it becomes clear what the whole state is thinking. the united andhra arguments sound logical and intelligent while telangana supporters just seem like they're whining for attention. listen to how people like eetela and kcr speak vs how others do and u'll understand.


If articulation of points is measure of one's just position - it depends on comprehension of viewer.
Some people can smell BS, some people need to taste BS .
OsmaniaBiskit
Registered User
 

Re: Do you want a separate Telangana state?

by Rabi Narayan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:02 am

I'm not agree with the proposal of separate Telangana state.we've got independence in 1947,but since then we all are fighting with each other for different regions.we fools don't even understand that long after the British rule still we're fighting what exactly they needed("Divide and rule").it's true that they left our country but still they have divide and rule policy.the politicians creating this for the sake of themselves only so that they'll get the political power under which they'll do some corruption.every politician is saying that separate state is for the sake of those people staying in that region.what happen to jharkhand,Uttaranchal,Chhatisgarh?did the politicians make their promise.did they positioned their state for what their demanding earlier?so wht those politicians do creating separate Telangana state.i must appeal the govt. not to take action for sepate telangana state.we are indians we must stay united so that we'll be free from the evil eyes of other countries.else they'll get chance of creating terrors in our country.this is not the day for which our freedom fighters were fighting for.atleast we must respect their valuable lives.before demanding for separate state did the TRS party taken survey of people that how many wanted different state.i'm definitly sure that no body wants this.it is the dirty mind of the politicians to create feelings between general civic.no matter how many religions living in india but there is one thing common among all that is" we are indians".we should not forget this.so to make india united we have to be united.
"JAI HIND"
Rabi Narayan
Registered User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Next         

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
ADVERTISEMENT
SHOUTBOX!
{{todo.name}}
{{todo.date}}
[
]
{{ todo.summary }}... expand »
{{ todo.text }} « collapse
First  |  Prev  |   1   2  3  {{current_page-1}}  {{current_page}}  {{current_page+1}}  {{last_page-2}}  {{last_page-1}}  {{last_page}}   |  Next  |  Last
{{todos[0].name}}

{{todos[0].text}}

ADVERTISEMENT
This page was tagged for
according to kcr telangana was independent state before1956?
why don'tyou slow required posts telanganastate
witch is so far vijayanagaram or srikakakulam from hyd
rayalasemma migration
telangastate beema projects
Follow fullhyd.com on
© Copyright 1999-2009 LRR Technologies (Hyderabad), Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. fullhyd, fullhyderabad, Welcome To The Neighbourhood are trademarks of LRR Technologies (Hyderabad) Pvt Ltd. The textual, graphic, audio and audiovisual material in this site is protected by copyright law. You may not copy, distribute, or use this material except as necessary for your personal, non-commercial use. Any trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. More on Hyderabad, India. Jobs in Hyderabad.